If you’re planning to start a company, you’ll need to consider setting up an office to plan and run it. Contemporary offices need various technology, furniture, and office supplies to work effectively, ranging from computers to copiers. Based on its role in the workplace, office equipment is divided into a few types.
Few Words About Office Supplies
Any long-term asset used to undertake administrative or office-related chores is referred to as “Office supplies.” As a result, the category is rather wide. It’s typically simpler to analyze what isn’t included in office equipment for accounting and tax considerations. Office supplies and furnishings, for example, are usually classified and monitored separately from office equipment.
Materials that you would ordinarily require to use almost every day are included in office supplies. Letterhead and other stationery, as well as business cards and other such products, are examples. The office furniture category includes desks, desk chairs, guest or client seats, tables, and other furniture. Read on to know further the types of office supplies in detail.
9 Common Types of Office Supplies:
- Papers- Following types of items are bought in offices in different paper forms that can be used for both formal and also for informal purposes:
- Business cards
- Graph paper
- Carbon paper
- Paper for printers, mostly of A4 size.
- Punched paper has three holes at the side.
- The stock of color cards
- Paper for wrapping gift items and items which are to be parceled.
- Envelopes of various sizes as per purpose.
- Greeting cards for festive seasons and other occasions.
- Notepads and notebooks- These are very important items required to take down points, run notes or instructions, and make a daily to-do list. Following are their different types:
- Legal notepads
- Notebooks that are bounded spirally
- Composition notebooks
- Steno notepads
- Boxes and Envelopes- Used widely to send letters in hardcopies, post documents, and handle confidential documents. Following are their types:
- Legal envelope mailers that are padded
- Envelope sealer
- Regular envelopes have a measurement of 4 1/8 x 9 ½ inches.
- Postage stamps
- Packaging bubbles that protect the sensitive, soft parceled items from external pressure and damage.
- Small, medium and large sized cardboard boxes.
- Plane legal envelopes
- Electrical goods- In this fast and modern age, we cannot survive without electricity and gadgets that run using it. Here are a few electrical items that are commonly used in offices:
- Computer system
- Cartridge of printer
- Device for projection
- Postage meter
- Laminating machine
- Surge protectors
- Fax machine
- Extension cords
- Digital camera
- Office storage – These are minute things but very significant because of their functionality. Here are a few:
- Magazine holders
- Supply containers
- Document holder or sorter
- Letter opener
- Bulletin board
- In case of writing materials
- Pencils and pens
- Mechanical pencils and their lead refills
- Rubber stamps
- Dry and wet writing boards and eraser markers for both types
- Whitener or correction fluid
- Cabinet for filing
- Tabs for folders
- Hanging folders
- Manila folders
- Furniture- Includes chairs, cupboards, tables, shelves, dustbins, bookcase, recycling bins, etc.
- Miscellaneous items- First- aid kits, fire extinguishers, vacuum cleaners, batteries, sanitizers, flashlights etc., are items without which you cannot ensure the safety of your office.
So, these were some of the ideal office supplies that would benefit your business in a wholesome manner. No matter what type of business you run, these supplies are the must to have in your organization.