Whenever you choose the Microsoft Outlook program from the beginning menu or perhaps a shortcut icon, but Outlook will not open, the correct fix depends upon that which you experience and also the form of Microsoft Outlook that you are using.
Explanations Why You Cannot Start Outlook
Several issues might cause Outlook to spread out incorrectly or by no means. Some common culprits include:
- Problematic add-ins or extensions.
- Broken files.
- A corrupted profile.
- Navigation pane issues.
There are more issues, too, that may lead. Maybe you’ve added a brand new program for your computer that does not be friends with Outlook, for instance, or perhaps your system includes a virus. Whatever the specific cause, there are many key troubleshooting fixes to test that can help.
How You Can Fix Outlook Not Opening in Home windows
If you are using Outlook on the Home windows computer and Outlook does not open or opens with problems, try these troubleshooting stages in an order presented here, from easy to more difficult.
If you are using the cloud-based Microsoft 365 on the PC or perhaps a Mac, the automated Support and Recovery Assistant tool can identify and connect many issues, such as the problem of Microsoft Outlook won’t open.
Open Outlook in Safe Mode. If Outlook opens not surprisingly in Safe Mode, the problem is likely an add-in or toolbar extension.
Disable add-ins. A number of add-ins might be conflicting with Outlook and make the problem. Disable all add-ins and find out if the resolves the problem.
- Select File > Options > Add-ins.
- Within the Manage section, select Go.
- Obvious the check boxes near the add-ins you need to disable.
- Select OK.
Scan the body for infections, Trojans, spy ware, along with other adware and spyware. If you discover an issue, resolve it together with your security software, reboot your pc and check out restarting Outlook again.
How you can Correctly Scan Your Pc for Infections
Repair Outlook. The Outlook application might be broken. Make use of the built-in Microsoft ‘office’ repair utility to repair it.
- Close all Office applications.
- Visit Start > User Interface.
- Select Category View.
- Within the Programs section, select Uninstall a course.
- Right-click Microsoft ‘office’ and select Change.
- Select Online Repair or Repair. Choose Yes if your user account control prompt seems.
- Restart Outlook following the process completes.
Repair your Outlook profile. Outlook profiles may become corrupted, causing a variety of problems, including Outlook not opening.
Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
Visit the Email tab.
Choose Repair to spread out the Repair wizard (this method isn’t readily available for Outlook Exchange accounts).
Stick to the prompts to accomplish the wizard and restart Outlook.
Repair Outlook documents. If Outlook still does not open, make use of the Inbox Repair tool to locate and perhaps repair the problem.
- Exit Outlook.
- Download and open the Inbox Repair tool from Microsoft.
- Select Browse and navigate for your personal folders (.pst) file, then select Start.
- Choose Repair when the scan finds errors.
- Once the repair is finished, restart Outlook.
Reset the navigation pane. A startup problem with the navigation pane can prevent Outlook from opening properly. Resetting the navigation pane might resolve the problem.
- Exit Outlook.
- Visit Start > Run or press Home windows Key R.
- Type or paste outlook.exe /resetnavpane and choose OK.
- Open Outlook. The navigation pane is going to be reset.
- Microsoft 365 versus. Office Desktop Version
How You Can Fix Outlook Not Opening in Mac
The next troubleshooting techniques affect Outlook 2016 for Mac and Outlook 2011 for Mac.
Look for updates. A current update could incorporate a treatment for the issue of the inability to start Outlook. Look for and install any available updates, even though you cannot open Outlook.
Select Help > Look for Updates.
Choose Update to install all available updates.
Rebuild the Outlook database. While using Microsoft utility to rebuild a corrupted database might solve the issue of Outlook not opening on the Mac.
For those who have a Microsoft Exchange account, rebuilding the database deletes any information which is not synced using the server. Support any Outlook data stored only on your pc before you decide to rebuild the database.
- Exit all Office applications.
- Press the choice key and choose the Outlook icon within the Pier to spread out the Microsoft Database Utility.
- Choose the identity from the database you need to rebuild.
- Choose Rebuild.
- When the operation is complete, restart Outlook.
Was this site useful?